Sunday, June 1, 2014

DIY: EASY Graphic T-shirt + HOW TO MAKE IT LAST

Hello June bugs!

So I've had a couple of plain jane t-shirts hanging in my closet for some time now. You know, the ones that are in the craft section of Walmart? I whipped those babies out of my closet and decided that the time had come for them to get a makeover! 

I went to my local JoAnn and picked up one pack of transfer t-shirt paper (used my 50% coupon ;) of course) and some Scotchgard and got to work. JoAnn and Hobby Lobby always have 40% off deals going around, so make sure to check before you buy anything full-price! 

This is what I came up with...

I had a blast making each shirt, since I could customize it to look however I wanted it to. Each shirt design I made myself:
-Cavegirl Hair: I drew it on my tablet.
-Smitten: I found an image of a kitten on Google (made sure to use the "labeled for reuse with modification" search tool option to steer clear of any copyright issues) and added my own twist to is with picmonkey.com.
-Swoon: I used Microsoft Powerpoint.

I added 3 new shirts to my wardrobe without having to spend more than $10; the t-shirts I already had, the transfer paper cost around $4 (got if half-price), and the Scotchgard was only around $4 or $5.

The Scotchgard is optional but I highly recommend using it on your design because since it's a fabric protector, it'll protect your design when you have to wash it. Everything needed is listed down below! Hope you guys give this DIY a try :)

 What You'll Need!
-T-shirt transfer paper (from JoAnn)
-T-shirt 
-Scissors
-Duct tape
-Iron
-Scotchgard (from JoAnn)
-Computer
-Printer


 
 
 HAVE FUN!
Winona ♥

No comments :

Post a Comment